Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My name is Loriann and I'm a bookworm!

I LOVE to read. I can curl up with a book and finish it in one sitting. The Schertz library and the U.C libraries are my homes away from home. Before i discovered the joy of my local libraries, I would wait and buy the paperback. I have tons of paperbacks just sitting here. Now i'm all about getting the books from the library as soon as they're released. No more paperbacks. I'm all about the enduring heaviness of a hardback, the absolute substance of it. the thicker, the better.

I just read a book called Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. It was a good read, but a bit slow at times. Now, i'm just starting Look Again, by Lisa Scottoline. I'll be sure to give you all my thoughts after i read it. seems intriguing so far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading and can finish a book in an evening--but then I get mad at myself for not making it last. The library is good, but none of the ones near me are ever on my way to somewhere else, so I end up with lots of overdue books. What I love is the used bookstore a few blocks away. Paperbacks for fifty cents and some for my daughter as low as a quarter. And they have them all catagorized and alphabetized by author, so it's even easy to look for a particular book. :-D

I just read a good book by Luanne Rice called The Secret Hour that I didn't put down until I finished it.

ModernDayDrifter said...

I love to read when I'm not being forced to read stuff for school. As of right now, I'm so busy with required reading that I have absolutely no time to read what I want to. But hey, when school isn't in session I'm a complete book worm myself! :)

I'm not a big library person. I usually buy used books at a used book store or get a lot of them off of amazon. If it's a VERY good book I keep it to read later, if it's something decent I pass it on to my mom or dad since they like to read too. Books are great gifts! :)