Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My babies are growing up!!

Josh is 16, driving and started his first real job tonight, up at the church. Benji is as tall as i am and needs to shave and Grace is now ten. I always thought that I'd dread the changes and the growing, but I'm finding that I like watching how my kids are turning out. Sure, every now and then, I get baby fever and I miss having little ones, but then again, not so much.
I feel like I discovered a huge secret. I don't need to mourn what was, I just need to enjoy what is and embrace my kids' growing independence. In doing that, it frees me up to really enjoy the moments with my kids. Like driving with Josh and talking about Zombies, being Benji's iPod buddy and trading apps and songs together and reading in bed, while Grace cuddles up next to me, reading too. These are pleasures that I get to enjoy more and more as they get older.

1 comment:

ModernDayDrifter said...

You have three amazing kids! You are very blessed with how great they are turning out! Josh is an amazing driver, I was in no way nervous the day I was in the passenger seat. :)