Sunday, April 25, 2010

And here's the rest of the weekend....

Saturday morning, my boys decided to hold a lemonade sale to benefit Gridiron Heroes!   They set a table outside and were catching people walking around at our community yard sale. They weren't getting much business, so Benji and josh came up with the idea to have Benji dress in a dog costume. So, there was benji, dressed like a giant floppy eared dog, chasing after cars and people with a Gridiron Heroes  sign in his hands, I mean, paws!! Well, the response was overwhelming! In about three hours, the boys raised almost $70! The founder of GridIron Heroes called me on the phone and asked where we lived and within a half hour, Eddie  and Chris Canales, Drew waters(Coach Aikman on FNL and his family were standing in our driveway, drinking lemonade. It was so awesome and Benji and Josh were thrilled, to say the least!

After that excitement wore off, time was spent in the kitchen, between making strawberry pie and and king ranch casserole. Before we knew it, it was time to get ready for the next fun activity, the Red Carpet Screening of Friday Night Lights! We got there early and just people watched until it was time to go in.

What an awesome evening, getting together with everyone. I got to see some old friends as well as make some new friends. We got to meet Madison Burge, Jesse Plemons, Ernest James(Calvin on FNL) and got to see Drew and his family again. we also got to meet local newscaster, Jennifer Broomes who had some advice for our budding photographer, Josh, who's a big fan of hers. it was a wonderful evening. The best part of the whole weekend was that I got to share all this fun stuff with my dear friend and adopted daughter, Jessie! She came down just four days after her birthday and between getting to talk with Kyle and going to the premiere, I think she had a great time. I know I did!!

Today was the typical Sunday. Church and loving on my 1:00 three year olds. I'm so blessed to have such an awesome job, working with these kids..
So, that was my weekend. I'm pretty exhausted, but in a good way. Tomorrow will be a good day to just take care of stuff at home and just chill!!
Drew, trying out the goods!!

The boys' donations!!

Benji, Chris and Drew

Benji and I!



And then the premiere...

Jessie and I all dressed up!

Mama's girl!!

Kyle was there in spirit....

The Cast of FNL!

Becky from FNL!

Jan, myself and Jessie!

Jessie and me!!

2 comments:

ModernDayDrifter said...

People should've been asking us for our autographs, as good as we looked and all! :-p I'm really not that arrogant. LOL

Thanks so much for everything. I'm so glad we got to share this weekend together and have such a great time!

CLEAR EYES, FULL HEARTS!!!!

AmazingGraceTX said...

CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!