Monday, April 19, 2010

Done!!!! And I LIVED!!!!

The biopsy was hard. The hardest part was getting the tube into place by passing it through the cervix. It seriously rivaled childbirth. That part hurt so bad that I never felt the actual biopsying being done. It's the worst pain i've felt in a long time.

The good news is that i have a Dr. who prefers to err on the side of caution. So he probably took more than he needed, but better to have too much than not enough. I NEVER want to go through this again. I have some back pain and a little aching around the cervix, but I'm not feeling as bad as i thought I would. I go in on 4 May to meet with the doc and discuss what kind of hysterectomy we're going to proceed with. The Doc that I'm seeing now is booked up solid through May, but i can be placed with another doc to get things done sooner. That's the route I'm going with. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone for all the prayers and the support. When i was up on the table, even with the worst pain right there inside me, I NEVER felt fear. I felt a peace about getting this done and moving to the next step. The pain I went through today didn''t make me afraid or have second thoughts. It made me more sure of my decision than ever. And a special thanks to Charlie for driving me there and back and keeping me sane while I was waiting. She was truly a good friend today and I'm so grateful to her.

1 comment:

Dolphin said...

So glad that part is done. Yes, a biopsy does hurt. Owwwwwww.

Hang in there. You know you are in my prayers.